Top 5 Corporate Learning trends
As a professional training consultant, business partners look to you for the latest developments and best practices
in your field. The ability to leverage training and development trends is crucial to positioning yourself as a desired
training professional, and it is beneficial to meeting your clients' business objectives. Here are some emerging
trends in the corporate learning field:
1. Leadership development for senior management is a top priority. Though developing middle management
continues to be a focus, companies are putting greater emphasis on developing leaders in the highest ranks of their
2. Learning and development has left the confines of the human resources department. No longer
considered the singular repository for all training and development initiatives, human resources departments
are assuming more of a support role, allowing department leaders to drive the training process.
3. Increased interest in learning and development as a business growth aid. With reduced interest in
training activities aimed at recruiting and developing "high-potential" employees, companies are using
corporate training as a tool for change management and employee engagement.
4. Learning and development is crucial to success. Even with the current economic turmoil,
organizations continue to cite training as important to accomplishing business goals. Corporate learning
in 2012, is on pace to meet or exceed learning and development activity in 2011.
5. On-going demand to show ROI (return on investment). Corporate training must demonstrate a
measurable impact on business goals. Linking learning and development programs directly to business
objectives, and showing its impact over time, makes assessment a critical factor in corporate training.
More than anything, these trends show that corporate learning is becoming a more integral part
of the business model. Incorporating business objectives and learning assessments, will ensure
that corporate learning initiatives continue to be recognized as a vital component to business success.